Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tuesday, June 21st 2011

So today is the first day of summer, and boy did it ever feel that way outside. Not super hot, but oh so humid. When I first started running, the air seemed so heavy and thick I didn't think I could make it a mile. I struggled all the way around the corner and up the hill out to Hoadly Road. By once I got up the hill and on to flatter ground and had 1 mile done, I felt a lot better. I did the first mile, I can done one more! Ended up finishing 2 miles with an average pace of 12:30 per mile.

I have been conflicted on how I should run. Should I run for distance? Time? Pace? Seems as if everyone on the internet has a different opinion. One thing for sure is that I needed to slow my pace down. Since doing that, I have been able to run for the entire duration of my scheduled run. So what I have decided to do is stop tracking my pace while I run, and just set a timer for 25 minutes for my next run. Then when I progress to week 8, run for 28 minutes then the final week run for 30 minutes. Don't worry about how far I run in the allotted time, just focus on running the whole time.

I also found my plan for when I finish Couch 2 5K. It's called the "Ease Into 10K program". The bridge to 10k seemed a little too aggressive. I like the slower pace of easy into 10k. Basically week one of the program is the same as week 9 of Couch to 5K, then each week about 5 additional minutes is added on until you reach 60 minutes of running.

Last Run:

1st Mile: 12:20
2nd Mile: 12:50
Total Distance: 2 Miles