I did another 2 mile run on Tuesday night. I was SUPPOSED to run 3/4 of a mile, walk 1/2 mile, then run 3/4 mile. I didn't follow that exactly, but I ended up walking less than a 1/2 mile total. I started off from the house, ran down Thrift, around the corner and turned onto Trentdale. I made it past the first set of townhouses which was about 1/2 mile. Then I hit a long incline and ran out of gas and walked till I reached the top. That brought me out to Hoadly Road. I ran the entire stretch of Hoadly Road till I hit Dake Blvd. I walked briefly to catch my breath, then ran back into the neighborhood and up Thrift. I walked briefly as I reached the mailbox near the house until I reached the top of the block. I then ran the last part until I hit 2 miles. I walked around the block until I reached the house as my cool down.
One thing that is puzzling to me is that my time isn't getting dramatically faster as I run more and walk less. I guess when I get tired, my jog slows down to almost walking pace.
Today it's supposed to be 100 degrees. Im supposed to run C25K Week 5 Day 3 today which is a 2 mile run without stopping. Not sure that will happen in this heat. Last night it was still 92 degrees at 8:30 when I usually run. I'll see what I can do. Should be interesting...
Time of last run:
Total Time: 23:03
First Mile: 11:11
Second Mile: 11:45