Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5K Or Bust!

So I've run 4 times since last Tuesday and 3 of the 4 have been distances of 3.1 or greater. I'm very proud of that. I've gotten better at controlling my pace, which makes finishing a longer distance easier. I think I'm going to follow the ease to 10k program. I did week 4 day 1 yesterday. Quite similar to the impromptue run I did on Sunday.

Tuesdays run will probably be my last for a week. We'll be driving up to NY tomorrow night, and staying till next Tuesday. I don't think I'll run while I'm up in NY.

I ran last night without any music. I kind of liked it. I was much more aware of my surroundings. But I felt like maybe I need that distraction of the music once I start running further and further.

I saw some videos on Youtube on how do stretch our the achilles before a run. I did the stretches last night before my run and it feels pretty good today. Hoping that the stiffness in my achilles goes away with the proper stretching.

Reading up minimalist shoes. I like the look of the NB Minimas. Not sure if they would hurt me or help me at this point.

I downloaded a new app called iSmoothRun. It sounds pretty cool. I was considering getting a Garmin 305, but it seems like this app does everything the Garmin does plus more. I just hope the running data is accurate. I'll probably run with iSmoothRun in the foreground and Nike+ in the background to compare distance.

Sunday August 7, 2011

Distance Run: 3.11 miles
1st Mile: 10:50
2nd Mile: 11:15
3rd Mile: 11:20

Total Time: 34:46
Calories Burned: 322

Tuesday August 9, 2011
Distance Run: 3.25 miles
1st Mile: ?
2nd Mile: ?
3rd Mile: ?

Total Time: 36:04
Calories Burned: 381