
100 miles. Wow, never thought I would see the day when I ran 100 miles. Very proud of myself. The real kicker is that I've burned over 10,000 calories in the process. I was very excited when I saw that I had finally reached the 100 mile mark.
I think I may have also found my first 5K. Rachel mentioned that the USPTO is having a 5K in October right around my birthday. So I think I will give it a try. Jonathan has mentioned that he may run in the event as well. Would be nice to have another persons time to compare against. There is also an online "Virtual 5K" that I found the other night. That is scheduled for the end of October. May give that one a try as well so I can knock off two 5K's. Still considering the Manassas duathlon as well.
The last two nights when I ran, I've done 3.1 miles each time. I think I'll continue to run 3 miles at least twice a week from now until the first 5K. Last night I struggled from the start. I didn't hydrate really well all day, so I think that played part. Plus I was up late the night before (4AM) doing an upgrade for work. It was much easier doing the 3 miles on Sunday than it was last night. My times weren't dramatically different, but it was much harder to finish last night.
I thought when I started out that as I loosened up I would settle into a groove. That never really happened. One of those nights when it felt like I was constantly running up hill. I finished 3.1 miles in 32:30 on Sunday with average pace of 10:24. Last night, I finished in 33:13 with an average pace of 10:40. Would really like to get my time as close to 30:00 as I can before the first 5k.